Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

What’s a nice girl like you doing in a place like this?

Correct me if I’m wrong, but it would seem that the default location choices for men seeking women are either bars or clubs. I can’t deny that bars and clubs can often be fun but I propose that, of all your options for finding women, bars and clubs are by far the least effective. Why are bars and clubs are such poor sources of social interaction? Too much booze (yes, booze!), noise, and intense competition.

OK, I can see your confused faces through my computer screen. I realize that a lot of booze makes it very easy to sleep with a woman but that doesn’t make a booze-filled bar an ideal meeting place. Let’s just say that the term “beer goggles” wasn’t coined by accident. An alcohol-fueled social interaction works to connect people almost indiscriminately with one another and my goal is to help you find women that won’t frighten you the next morning.

The second problem is noise. Again, if another cheap hook-up is what you seek, than a bar is your best bet. However, if you want to meet a girl who has a fighting chance of interesting you when the music stops, you have to have something in common with her before the music even starts. Don’t worry, that commonality could just be proximity – like watching the same guy at a real estate open house trying not to fart in front of his hot girlfriend (c’mon – you all saw “I Love You, Man,” right? Er, was it weird to use the launch of a bromance to explain how to meet women?). I want you to meet quality women who aren’t completely freaky the next morning and, to get any quality screening; you need to be able to hear what she says when you meet her. Picture waking up next to the girl that you met in a club (and subsequently slept with) one morning, having her turn to you and say, “I’m so glad my gross communicable disease didn’t bother you; usually when I tell guys at the club they totally freak out!” Now remember that the next time you try to meet women in a club!

Last but not least, the odds are stacked against you at bars and clubs because every other guy there is gunning for the same handful of beautiful women. Coming from a school where there were 5 men for every woman, I can guarantee that you do not want to contend with these odds. Even 50/50 is more than you should have to endure. I want you to be places where you are the guy to whom single women flock because so many are there that natural selection must take its course. Really, does it make more sense to fish in the pond with lots of fishermen or the one with lots of fish?

So feel free go to clubs with friends if you love to dance and feel free to watch the game with the guys at a local pub but, if you want to increase your chances of meeting women, go just about anywhere else!

No comments:

Post a Comment

dreamhost good